Have another question? Contact us!
Things to Know
- You MUST have a responsible adult to take you home and stay with you for the remainder of the day/night.
- For pediatric dental cases, TWO ADULTS ARE REQUIRED TO BE PRESENT TO ESCORT THE PATIENT HOME. For the patient's safety, we require that a second adult be present to sit in the back seat with the patient on the ride home.
- You will not be allowed to leave alone, drive yourself home, or go home in a car service unescorted (including but not limited to limo, taxi, Uber, or Lyft). Use of licensed medical transportation companies for transportation is allowed. IF YOU ARRIVE TO YOUR APPOINTMENT WITH A PLAN OF LEAVING UNESCORTED YOUR APPOINTMENT WILL BE CANCELED OR RESCHEDULED.
- Arrive to your procedure as instructed by the anesthesia team.
- Wear loose-fitting, comfortable clothing that’s easy to take on and off.
- For Dental Procedures: please bring a change of clothes
- You will be contacted with instructions for when to stop eating and drinking before your procedure.
- You will be instructed which medications to continue and stop taking before your procedure. Please mention all medications you are taking during your pre-operative call with us!
- Refrain from smoking and drinking alcohol 24 hours before your surgery
- Leave as many valuables as possible at home.
- In the 24 hours following your procedure do not:
- Drive, operative any machinery or power tools
- Engage in strenuous activity requiring strength or motor coordination such as heavy household work and lifting of children
- Drink any alcoholic beverages including beer
- Take any sedatives, antihistamines, or sleeping pills
- Take any drugs not prescribed to you or approved by your physician
- Make any important decisions or sign any important papers
- Call your physician’s office if you develop a fever over 100.5